Tuesday, January 27, 2015

#trashfreechallenge - 5. "Tooling up"

My "tools": L-R Lunchbots stainless steel lunchbox $26.50, U Conserve bamboo spork $6.95 (both from Biome), 1L water bottle (a recycled glass cordial bottle!), Glass mason jar $2.95 from Kmart and stainless steel straw $3.00 from Biome, Stainless steel mini thermos $19.95 from Biome (by now you'll realise that Biome is my favourite shop for all things green, lol!)

Since beginning this #trashfreechallenge, I've had good and not so good trash free weeks. A busy week can make it easier to excuse extra trash and brush off extra effort to reduce further trash. When I do slip up, it's because I'm not prepared. It's a reminder to me that commitment to this lifestyle change (as scary as that sounds) is somewhat necessary. If I'm not being deliberate about making changes then they aren't going to happen by themselves. So this week, I'm getting "tooled up" to make sure I have everything I need to minimise any future slip ups.


What I got (my "tools")

- Thermos for my tea. I got this Triton thermos one from Biome but you can get them everywhere. This one is the perfect size for one big cup of tea/coffee/soup etc, especially in the mornings when I'm running late. (Breakfast while commuting to work anyone?)

- Mason jar for my smoothies. These are everywhere at the moment. I got this one for $2 from Kmart! Great for a smoothie on the go or you can swap lids for a cute little salad jar. 

- A reusable straw for my mason jar. I bought a stainless steel one from Biome but you can also get glass straws or silicone straws (if you're worried about your teeth). So cool!

- A reusable coffee cup (for those days when I buy a coffee from the cafe next door) I'm yet to invest in one of these but I like these ones (especially the limited edition collection). They're Australian made (in Melbourne!) and are lightweight, unbreakable and recyclable at the end of the life of the cup. 

- Stainless steel Lunchbox (mine is a Lunchbots lunchbox) and a reusable fork (I bought this bamboo one by U conserve because it's lightweight, but you could just keep a regular set of cutlery in your bag or go all out and invest in a titanium spork (I've had my eye on this one for a while now)





Do you have any awesome "tools" that keep you on track? I'd love to hear!
x

No comments: