Wednesday, February 4, 2015

#trashfreechallenge - 6. Thrifting, the grown up treasure hunt


I love a good thrift session. Whether it's gumtree, garages sales, clothes swaps, recycle centres, or the local roadside collection, it's so much fun to hunt for treasures! Over the years I've sourced many great finds, most of my favourite pieces of furniture are second hand pieces. So, today I thought I'd share some of my favourite opshop found treasures.
Opshops

1.


I scored this pretty little peach tea dress (second from left) for my friends hens party (and recently on-sold it at the Suitcase Rummage!) It was in beautiful condition and perfect for the occasion. That's the great thing about opshopping - if you need to, you can have a high turnover of clothes in your closet with low impact. Just keep recycling! 



2.

The little clock in my former studio (above) and the luxo swing arm lamp were both opshop finds. The lamp is so sturdy and timeless (the story from the shop attendant was, it was from a hotel that had recently renovated and donated their old furnishings to the opshop. How cool!) and the clock weirdly reminds me of my primary school classroom clocks from back in the day (not sure why this appeals to me, but it does) 


3.

Finally, my lovely bedside stand (above) that holds all my treasures. This was an opshop find from years ago, at a time when I didn't have a car. I wanted this so much that I walked 5 blocks home with it, ha! It was originally a drab brown colour, so I slapped on a fresh coat of white paint and voila! It's one of my favourite pieces of furniture that has travelled with me over many year and 7 house moves! 





Do you opshop? What has been your favourite piece you've found?!
x

No comments: