Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Trashfreechallenge - 8. Re-style

When I talk to people about opshopping or similar ventures, it often conjures up images of scruffy old tshirts with flower motifs and weird stains, moth ball scented sweaters, and outdated old dresses... But what surprises most people is just how many current brands and styles are hiding amongst the aforementioned trash, and just how current you can look! To prove my point, here are my four most recent finds.

1. Mika & Gala dress $4 from Suitcase Rummage and leopard print boots, from the Swap. 
- It's funny, I had my eye on this dress a few years ago. It's a beautiful, thick, woven fabric, in the most vibrant blues and greens ($145 in store at the time) So when I saw this at the Rummage, I snapped it up fast!


2. Yellow print dress $4, Suitcase Rummage. 
- The perfect summer dress to throw on for a trip to the markets, or to dress up for dinner with the girls.
 

3. 4 & 5. Topshop silk skirt $4, Suitcase Rummage. Black brogue boots $8, Suitcase Rummage. 
Leopard print boots $swap, Suitcase Rummage. 
- I couldn't choose which boots - clashing patterns or matching black boots. They're both my new favourites! And the skirt is such a pretty pattern and the softest, slinkiest fabric. Love!
 




Do you opshop, rummage, swap or thrift? What's the best piece you've found?! I'd love to hear.
x

No comments: