Monday, August 4, 2014

To dance and to do in NYC

Beautiful Bryant Park (one of my favourite spots in NYC)

The motivation behind my coming to New York (apart from just being in New York!) was to take lots of dance, acting, singing classes. So, I finally jumped on the subway and headed uptown to Broadway Dance Centre for a Broadway Jazz class with Sue Samuels.
I stayed around after class to watch some of the other classes going on... it blew my mind! It's crazy the amount of talent crammed into one building! There are Broadway professionals brushing up on Advanced classes, all the way to absolute beginners, old and young, who attend the Basic and Beginner classes as well. Classes begin at 9am daily (7 days a week through most of the year) and run all the way through to midnight some nights!
The genres/styles of dance are also so varied and different to the styles I've experienced before (which makes sense because each class is essentially a reflection of the teachers training, preferences, style, etc.)

After class, I met with two of the other girls staying at the Residence and we wandered through Bryant Park, past Korea Town and back to Broadway. They were talking about the places they've been in New York since arriving and tips on the best places to go... I definitely need to add another page to my New York City 'to do' list!




What's on your New York City 'to do' list?!
x

No comments: